Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Haaaaaave you met Rush?


“I would strangle a diva’s gigolo to death if I thought it would help her performance!” Henry Winkler said that when he was just an intern at the Metropolitan Opera House in New York City, and later he would go on to become one of the most iconic actors of all time.  I feel the same way.  No, I don’t have a murderous rage within me like good ol’ Henry, but as the Wishbone Theatre Collective intern I feel it is my duty to help whenever and wherever I can.  I will do just about anything to advertise for a show. For our current production, Devil May Care,  I helped start a mass social media blitz, wallpapered local businesses with posters, and stood in the freezing snow for hours handing out ads for the show.   One time I broke into the house of complete strangers, kidnapped their entire family, brought them to a show, and made them pay full price (only $15 for adults and $10 for students)!  Like "The Fonz" told Richie before he jumped that shark, “Stupid, yes. Also dumb. But it is something I’ve gotta do.”  So come see Devil May Care.  I’ll be working the door…every night.
Rush Marler
The Intern
Wishbone Theatre Collective

No comments:

Post a Comment